[Mapserver-users] "postgis ---> mapserver" query

Saurabh Data sd at dil.in
Tue Mar 23 07:32:37 EST 2004

Dear Users

Thanks for help till now. I have successfully installed mapserver and its
working !!
Now as part of my implementation, I need to link it to postgreSQL DB's
spatial extention called POSTGIS. I know I need to add a layer to the map
file of mapserver and link it to POSTGIS.

My question is "Is there any (spatial) data  available that I can put in
POSTGIS and link it to mapserver". Because as part of my implementation I
want to use POSTGIS as a back-end and call it from mapserver.

OR is it possible to put (spatial)data already contained in mapserver to
POSTGIS and retrieve it ?
If this is possible, any ideas how it can be done ?

Thanks for nay help !!

Cheers

Saurabh Data