R: [Mapserver-users] projection - UTM and geographic

Ballini Yvain Ballini.Yvain at seat.it
Wed Mar 24 08:51:10 EST 2004

You have to give a precision about your zone, for example zone = 32, for the longitudes between + 6° and +12°, zone = 33 for the longitudes between +12° and +18°...like this:

PROJECTION
  "proj=utm"
  "ellps=WGS84"
  "datum=WGS84"
  "zone=32"
  "north"
END

Then the EXTENT gives you the coordinates Xmin Ymin Xmax Ymax with this rule:
Y = 0 at the equator line
X = 500000 (meters) at the longitude +9° for the zone UTM 32, or at the longitude +15° for the zone UTM 33...
You should control that the features you want to see are in this range of coordinates.

Regards,

Yvain.