[Mapserver-users] non-anti-aliased TrueType Fonts possible?, or Bitmap Fonts?

Ray Ward ray.ward at mapfusion.com
Wed Mar 24 10:31:46 EST 2004

Hi,

I have a couple of questions about the font possibilities for Mapserver
labels. I am using Mapserver v4.0.1 on Solaris 8 (Sparc) with gd v2.0.22,
freetype v2.1.7.

1) How can I turn Anti-Aliasing off? I've tried "ANTIALIAS FALSE" in the map
file and it doesn't seem to make any difference?
		LABEL
			TYPE TRUETYPE
			ANTIALIAS FALSE
			FONT arial
			COLOUR 0 0 0
			OUTLINECOLOUR 255 255 255
			SIZE 8
			BUFFER 1
			POSITION ur
		END

2) Is it possible to use bitmap fonts? such as .FON files or .BDF files?
seems whenever I use the TYPE BITMAP that all the fonts regardless of the
FONT statement come out identicle, a built in predefined bitmap font?
		LABEL
			TYPE BITMAP
			ANTIALIAS FALSE
			FONT arial_bdf
			COLOUR 0 0 0
			OUTLINECOLOUR 255 255 255
			SIZE SMALL
			BUFFER 1
			POSITION ur
		END

Any help with either of these problems would be appreciated...

Ray,
_______________________________
Ray Ward
IT Technician
MapFusion Technologies Inc.
http://www.mapfusion.com
_______________________________
NOTICE:
which it is addressed; and it, including any attachments, may contain
recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message
to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure,
prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please delete
it from your system without copying or forwarding it and notify us by
telephone (905-709-1925) or by return e-mail immediately. MapFusion Corp.
and its affiliated companies do not accept responsibility or liability for
any loss or damage arising in any way from your receipt or use or for any
errors or omissions in the contents of this communication.