[Mapserver-users] non-anti-aliased TrueType Fonts possible?, or Bitmap Fonts?

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Wed Mar 24 13:57:36 EST 2004

For 1) that's the way to do it. I believe that by default antialiasing
is off so you
could also just remove the line. See if you can create a test case (1
big piece
of text centered in an image) and test it out. If there's no effect
file a bug along
with the test case.

For 2) the only bitmap font support is using the internal GD fonts. The
FONT
value is ignored in the case of TYPE BITMAP. Sorry.

Steve

>>> "Ray Ward" <ray.ward at mapfusion.com> 3/24/2004 9:31:46 AM >>>
Hi,

I have a couple of questions about the font possibilities for
Mapserver
labels. I am using Mapserver v4.0.1 on Solaris 8 (Sparc) with gd
v2.0.22,
freetype v2.1.7.

1) How can I turn Anti-Aliasing off? I've tried "ANTIALIAS FALSE" in
the map
file and it doesn't seem to make any difference?
		LABEL
			TYPE TRUETYPE
			ANTIALIAS FALSE
			FONT arial
			COLOUR 0 0 0
			OUTLINECOLOUR 255 255 255
			SIZE 8
			BUFFER 1
			POSITION ur
		END

2) Is it possible to use bitmap fonts? such as .FON files or .BDF
files?
seems whenever I use the TYPE BITMAP that all the fonts regardless of
the
FONT statement come out identicle, a built in predefined bitmap font?
		LABEL
			TYPE BITMAP
			ANTIALIAS FALSE
			FONT arial_bdf
			COLOUR 0 0 0
			OUTLINECOLOUR 255 255 255
			SIZE SMALL
			BUFFER 1
			POSITION ur
		END

Any help with either of these problems would be appreciated...

Ray,
_______________________________
Ray Ward
IT Technician
MapFusion Technologies Inc.
http://www.mapfusion.com
_______________________________
NOTICE:
This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity
which it is addressed; and it, including any attachments, may contain
information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from
disclosure
under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the
intended
recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the
message
to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
disclosure,
strictly
delete
it from your system without copying or forwarding it and notify us by
telephone (905-709-1925) or by return e-mail immediately. MapFusion
Corp.
and its affiliated companies do not accept responsibility or liability
for
any loss or damage arising in any way from your receipt or use or for
any
errors or omissions in the contents of this communication.