SV: [Mapserver-users] TrueTypeFont Symbols are not displayed

Thomsen, Bo Victor BVT at sns.dk
Thu Mar 25 08:30:52 EST 2004

Hello Astrid -

The font you are using is probably a "symbol" TrueType font. The characters
in such font is not numbered from 0 but from 61440. Try adding 61440 to the
character value for the symbol you want to draw, i.e.:

>From symbol file:

SYMBOL
  NAME "test_tt"
  TYPE TRUETYPE
  FONT "TTMITC__"
  FILLED true
  ANTIALIAS true
# Using symbol no 47 from MI transportation: 61440 + 47 = 61487
CHARACTER ""
END

Kind regards

Bo Thomsen