[Mapserver-users] Full fledged TIGER Line Project !

Dharani Babu dharanibabus at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 29 00:49:05 EST 2004

Hi all
  I am working with Map server for 8 weeks and I am able to get maps for any
US county with TIGER files . I am using the itasca demo method ( thanks to
Tyler ) thats with ..init.html , map file and template html  with OGR
connection . I am trying to get something similar to
http://www.census.gov/cgi-bin/gazetteer . I am wondering if I need to use
Map Script or can the same itasca demo method will drive me there to achive
this . Have any  one  already done this ? And moreover I want to render the
County maps with "search the location /city " type of queries in a Win CE
Powered PDAs ( similar to Pocket PC ) So I plan to have the TIGER files
stored in USB and then access the files to render the map based on queries
..Any ideas on this ?   Any help will be appreciated.
With regards and thanks in advance
dharani