[Mapserver-users] need help with PHPDynLegend

Elisabeth Nolz e9625730 at student.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Mar 30 05:21:32 EST 2004

hi list.
i'm struggling with the following problem for days and i hope that someone
could help me with this topic. although i found some similar questions in
the mapserver support, i couldn't find any answer for me. i want to create
a dynamic legend with layer controls using PHP MapScript as it is described in
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?PHPDynLegend
i simply entered my mapfile to test this snippet of PHP code but it didn't
work. now i have three understanding problems.
first: do i just have to include "METADATA, LYRNAME, END" to the layers in
the mapfile? or are there some other adjustments?
second: where does the path
"$path_to_legend="C:\\Inetpub\\wwwroot\\Lockport\\legend\\";" and
"url_to_legend="legend/";" go to? to which legend?
and third: how is the "dyn_legend.php" created?

i hope that someone finds a few minutes to help me understanding how
i can get the dynamic legend going with my mapfile.

thx,
elisabeth.