[Mapserver-users] FILTER, how to . . . {repost}

Bob Basques bob.basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Tue Mar 30 17:04:18 EST 2004

blammo wrote:

> All,
>
> I have this which works fine for a single name (city) lookup via the URL:
>
> LAYER
>    NAME cshed_ci
>    DATA '../data_points/lshed_ci_blkcentr'
>    STATUS DEFAULT
>    TYPE POINT
>    FILTERITEM W_NAME
>    FILTER '%city%'
>    CLASS
>      NAME ' 1 - 5 workers'
>      EXPRESSION ([H_WORKERS] <= 5)
>      SYMBOL 'circle'
>      SIZE 3
>      OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0
>      COLOR 204 255 255
>    END
>    CLASS . . . . . . . . .
>
> Question, how can I send in multiple filter items via the CITY=
> parameter in the URL request?

Using something like below didn't match anything in the DBF, some
sort of "and/or" clause would need to be used somehow.  Maybe it's the
aspect of an undefined list length. the number of Cities would be
variable for example.

> CITY=MAPLEWOOD and SAINT PAUL and ROSEVILLE and <some other name(s)>
>
> will multiple CITY=<value> work as seperate filters, like this:

I tried a coupe of things from above, the Multiple city= didn't affect
anything, seems like the first one in the URL took precedence.

> CITY=MAPLEWOOD&CITY=SAINT+PAUL&CITY=ROSEVILLE . . . .

I'm still putzing with it.

bobb