[Mapserver-users] epsg error ! help me !

Dharani Babu dharanibabus at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 31 02:20:09 EST 2004

Hi all
  I am using both ms4w package and also IIS version of the map server . I
found a rather strange problem . I am working with examples on the map
server tutorial to know deep about the way CGI variables work ...
I am trying to render a simple shape file layer by passing the CGI variable
from url  without template html
http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv_40.exe?map=C:/ms4w/Apache/htdocs/demof/example1-1.map&mode=map
in the ms4w apache package and also in IIS based package like this
http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv_40.exe?map=C:/Inetpub/wwwroot/iisdemo/example1-1.map&mode=map

But I got the following errors in ms4w package trials ...

msProcessProjection(): Projection library error. no options found in 'init'
file
and the following in IIS based trails
msProcessProjection(): init:epsg:4376 error ..
why so ? I checked the C:/ms4w/proj/epsg and found the line 4376 ...the same
I found at
C:/proj for IIS...but both the file sizes differ ( ms4w epsg file size is
around 190 kb whereas file size of C:/Proj of IIS version is 300kb ) and but
still I dont know why I have this error ...
This is the map file used in example 1 ...
MAP
  IMAGETYPE      PNG
  EXTENT         201621.496941 -294488.285333 1425518.020722 498254.511514
  SIZE           400 300
  SHAPEPATH      "data1/data"
  IMAGECOLOR     255 255 255

  PROJECTION
   #"proj=laea"
   # "ellps=clrk66"
   # "lat_0=45"
   # "lon_0=-100"
  #
  # Alternatively, you can specify an EPSG code.
  # "init=epsg:2163"
  #
  END

  # Start of LAYER DEFINITIONS ---------------------------------------------
  LAYER # States polygon layer begins here
    NAME         states
    DATA         states_ugl
    STATUS       DEFAULT
    TYPE         POLYGON

    PROJECTION
    "init=epsg:4376"
     END

    CLASS
      COLOR        232 232 232
      OUTLINECOLOR 32 32 32
    END
  END # States polygon layer ends here
  # End of LAYER DEFINITIONS -------------------------------

END # end of map file/object

Any help will be appreciated . I am not able to proceed further ..
With regards and thanks in advance
Dharani  Babu S