[Mapserver-users] How to force GDAL to read tiffs?

Paco Regodon mapserver at meteologica.es
Mon May 3 11:20:01 EDT 2004

On Monday 03 May 2004 15:09, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Paco Regodon wrote:
> >
> > Is there any way i can force using GDAL to read tiff images? I can't
> > compile my own version. Is there any mapfile directive similar to
> > OUTPUTFORMAT to force using GDAL instead of builtin support?
>
> You could "trick" MapServer into using GDAL by setting a different
> projection on the raster layer ... say with a false easting or northing
> that differs by a 10th of a meter or something.  Also, forcing 24bit output
> will trip things over to using GDAL.

Hello Frank,

no luck. :-(

I have tryed changing utm "zone=29" on the map and  "zone=30" on the layer
without success. Also, i changed IMAGETYPE from PNG to PNG24, and i have
discovered that transparency information is being lost, as i am getting now
an ugly green background.
Also there is an speed penalty because of the extra reprojection time.

I have tryed renaming ".tif" to ".png", but it didn't work. He.

I allways get an Internal Server Error if i try to use tiff raster layers.

I am now using tiff2png to batch-convert all my tiffs to PNG, and it works
perfectly.

Thanks for your help.