[Mapserver-users] center map on x,y coordinates

Paco Regodon mapserver at meteologica.es
Tue May 4 10:04:58 EDT 2004

The scale parameter is not clear, as it is related with RESOLUTION.

If your units are meters, you can calculate your escale using this formula:

scale = ((EXTENT * 100) * RESOLUTION / 2.54 ) / image_width_in_pixels.

RESOLUTION defaults to 72 dpi (dots per inch) but you can change it in the
mapfile if you need to.
Just try a big scale (scale=15000000).

Have you tried using MAPXY/BUFFER instead of MAPXY/SCALE?

Paco