[Mapserver-users] Map IMage Not Appearing (Newbie)

smenke at dataprose.com smenke at dataprose.com
Wed May 5 14:33:32 EDT 2004

I have installed MS 4 and PHP_Mapscript on a Windows XP Pro machine, running IIS
5 and PHP 4.3.6. I also installed php_gd2. All of these work correctly.

When I point my browser to the mapserv executable, it works as documented
(returning "No query information to decode...).

I downloaded and installed the demo package named "Workshop". My first attempt
to use it failed as it could not find the map, so I modified index.html to use a
Windows directory path. The map reference now points to:
"c:\inetpub\wwwroot\workshop\itasca.map". Once I made the change, the map page
(itasca_basic.html) does appear. However, there are no images on the page: the
map image, the scalebar image, and the legend image are all missing.

In index.html I changed the map_web_imagepath to a Windows path:
"c:\inetpub\wwwroot\workshop\tmp\". This directory does exist and has
appropriate permissions. But no luck here.

In itasca.map I changed the SHAPEPATH to a Windows path:
"c:\inetpub\wwwroot\workshop\data\". This resulted in no change.

I have reviewed the installation instructions for both MapServer and MapScript,
and have browsed this list...but I seem to be stuck at this point.

Any help or pointers would be very much appreciated.

Scott