[Mapserver-users] MapServer 4.2 beta 2

P Wilkerson 1wilkerson at charter.net
Fri May 7 23:04:07 EDT 2004

I did not see where to send error reports for the latest Beta.

I am using the beta MapServer in the ms4w installation (PHP/Mapscript).
Also, I am using the gmap.php script that came with a GMAP demo.

Under the previous Mapserver version I could use ROSA (java) or non-java and
query specific points or a box of points and the corresponding information
was returned.

A) Under the 4.2 beta, the ROSA applet returns the following:

Warning: Wrong parameter count for open() in
E:\ms4w\Apache\htdocs\gmap75.pdi on line 811

  Fatal error: [MapServer Error]: msLayerGetShape(): Shapefile layer has not
been opened. in E:\ms4w\Apache\htdocs\gmap75.pdi on line 842

  B) Under the non-java interface, I cannot query specific points.

  Peter Wilkerson