[Mapserver-users] JOIN fails and Xbase weeps

gacp gacp at d-konstruktors.org
Sat May 8 08:05:41 EDT 2004

Hi all!

I've just started using MapServer.  I've done quite a bit of reading so
far, (honestly, the docs are not much help) and have manage to build a
simple application (CGI MapServer), even to the point of creating layers
from a PostGIS connection.

But this has me totally baffled.

I am trying to make a JOIN of an ESRI DBF file from a shapefile (WWF
ecoregions).  This join fails, but no error is logged in MapServer's
error file for this template.

LAYER
  NAME "base"
  TYPE QUERY
  STATUS DEFAULT
  DATA "gisdata-ro/Terra/vector/wwfecoregions/ecoregions"
  TRANSPARENCY 66
#   LABELITEM "Eco_name"
    CLASS # main distro area
      OUTLINECOLOR 81 127 81
      COLOR 81 127 81
    TEMPLATE "ecoregions.html"
    END
  METADATA
    WMS_TITLE "main land stuff"
    WMS_ABSTRACT "nil"
    WMS_SRS "nil"
  END
  JOIN
    NAME biome_test
    TABLE "/var/www/html/mapserver/Terra/biome_names.dbf"
    FROM "BIOME"
    TO "CODES"
    TYPE SINGLE
  END
END

The result of the query has this ghostly message:

    xbasewohoo

That's it.  Nothing else.

Is this supposed to be an error message?  "xbasewohoo"?  TIA.