[Mapserver-users] MapServer 4.2 beta 2

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca
Sat May 8 15:42:26 EDT 2004

P Wilkerson wrote:

> A) Under the 4.2 beta, the ROSA applet returns the following:
>
> Warning: Wrong parameter count for open() in
> E:\ms4w\Apache\htdocs\gmap75.pdi on line 811
>

>   Fatal error: [MapServer Error]: msLayerGetShape(): Shapefile layer has not
> been opened. in E:\ms4w\Apache\htdocs\gmap75.pdi on line 842

That's probably because the gmap_ms4w.zip you used is for version 3.6 of
php_mapscript.  In version 4.0 and 4.2 of php_mapscript, the call to
$layer->open() and a few other calls have changed, and we had to update
GMap accordingly.

You could download and install GMap for MapServer 4.x from:
   http://maptools.org/dl/gmap-ms40.zip

Note that this file is not a MS4W package, so you should extract it
directly under the \ms4w\apps directory of your MS4W tree since the zip
file doesn't include the \ms4w\apps\ path components.

Daniel
  Daniel Morissette               dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca