[Mapserver-users] How to change Data Statement in mapfile on fly

s.dege s.dege at laposte.net
Mon May 10 10:49:52 EDT 2004

Hy all,

I'm beginner with MAPSERVER, and read a lot of things in the
archives to find out about my problem, and tried lots of things.

Here is a part of my mapfile

  LAYER
    CONNECTIONTYPE postgis
    NAME tempconcentration
    # Connect to a remote spatial database
    CONNECTION "user=user dbname=dbname ..."
    # Get the lines from the 'geom' column of the
Concentration' table
    DATA "geom_concentration from table"
    STATUS OFF
     TYPE POINT
#     GROUP pm
     TOLERANCE 10
     MAXSCALE 2599999
#      LABELITEM "stations"

As you can see, I'm using Postgis to retrieve data.
What I want to do is to change on fly the data statement
("table" to be exact), because the table is never the same and
is created dynamically. I've tried lots of combination (using
'%table%', forms,...) but nothing works.
So if anybody managed to do this, Iwould appreciate his help.

Thks

Stephane