[Mapserver-users] postgis and drawquery failing

AARON KONING aaronkoning at shaw.ca
Wed May 12 15:27:22 EDT 2004

Hello again list,

So my problem has to do with postgis datasets again. If I do a $map->drawQuery() when more than one feature has been found I always get a postgis error:

Warning:  [MapServer Error]: msPOSTGISLayerGetShape(): Error executing POSTGIS  SQL   statement (in FETCH ALL): DECLARE mycursor BINARY CURSOR FOR SELECT asbinary(force_collection(force_2d(the_geom)),'NDR') from public.ipln_bc AS foo WHERE oid = 23234
-ERROR:  cursor "mycursor" already exists

If only one feature is found, then no problem it shows up in yellow (my highlight color) every time.

I've added oid and gist indexing, done VACUUM ANALYZE, done SELECT UPDATE_GEOMETRY_STATS() and no change has occurred.

mapserver version: 4.0.1
postgis version: 0.8.0
postgresql version: 7.4

Any suggestions or should I file a bug report?

Thanks,
Aaron