[Mapserver-users] Large Raster files

phatsbbnlist at twcny.rr.com phatsbbnlist at twcny.rr.com
Tue May 18 12:49:41 EDT 2004

Yes, and I left it out a few times on relevant image-coordinate system elements to see if it mattered (and it didn't unless they were in a different projection).

I used gdal_translate to convert to state plane, verified the internal world info in the geotiff that resulted, converted to png and added a .wld file and tested all these in a map file with a single layer and their appropriate projections and extents. Nothing at all appears for rasters in any of these cases, yet the shape file layers continue to appear exactly as they should.

The geotiffs from NYS in their ortho image program seem to work fine (state plane full color and infrared images at 1 and 2 foot resolution). The samples with tutorial work fine.

I suspect a subtlety that I don't know about in the UTM files (and this constitutes a great deal of ignorance), or a problem in my association with EPSG:26918 with UTM NAD83 GRS80 18N