[Mapserver-users] Python MapScript Tests Problems ("segmentation fault")

Sean Gillies sgillies at frii.com
Wed May 19 09:54:35 EDT 2004

Jan,

The tests of appending new output formats will fail unless you
are linking MapServer and mapscript to GDAL.  This is because we
are attempting to create a new GeoTIFF output format.  Since the
GD formats are already built into MapServer, we can't test adding
a GD format.

If you *are* linking to GDAL and the tests continue to fail, I
would like to hear more.

I see you are using GD 1.8!  You should upgrade to the latest
stable (at least 2.0.15+) immediately to take advantage of newer
features and GD+Freetype bug fixes.

cheers,
Sean