[Mapserver-users] Error Message-OCI.dll

Nicolas Boretos nicolas at maich.gr
Thu May 20 01:09:55 EDT 2004

ISAAC KWADWO NTI wrote:

> HelloFellows,
>
> When I click on the mapserver.exe file i get a message that there is
> no OCI.dll file.Please could some one help me with the solution to
> this problem?
>
> Thank you very much
>
> Isaac

Oracle Call Interface, the c level api for accessing Oracle db's. Do you
have oracle installed? Is it in your path?
Sounds like you have an ms with Oracle spatial support....

----snip from the ms site---
We also have binaries compiled with Oracle Spatial support. Oracle
Spatial support replaces the PostGIS support so you won't be able to use
it to connect to PostGIS databases. You can only use these binaries if
you have Oracle client DLLs--we can't redistribute those libraries.
Anyway, select from the two options below:

    * ms402_gif_oracle.zip
      <http://hypnos.cbs.umn.edu/projects/downloads/ms402_gif_oracle.zip>:
      Same as ms402_gif_pg.zip except Oracle Spatial support replaces
      PostGIS.
    * ms402_png_oracle.zip
      <http://hypnos.cbs.umn.edu/projects/downloads/ms402_png_oracle.zip>:
      Same as ms402_png_pg.zip except Oracle Spatial support replaces
      PostGIS.

If you dont have oracle, get another ms binary.

regards,

nicolas