[Mapserver-users] Python MapScript Tests Problems ("segmentation fault")

Jan Schüngel jschuengel at intevation.de
Wed May 19 10:21:42 EDT 2004

hi,

now i hab gdal support build in.
i creat the Mapserver this way:

./configure --with-proj --with-gdal.
make

so all works fine.
than mapscript

python setup.py build
python setup.py install

but wit gdal support the import of mapscript dont work
i get the new error :

Python 2.3.3 (#2, May  1 2004, 06:12:12)
[GCC 3.3.3 (Debian 20040401)] on linux2
 >>> import mapscript
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  File "mapscript.py", line 4, in ?
    import _mapscript
ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/_mapscript.so: undefined
symbol: CPLFreeConfig

without gdal support everything works find here, but i need gdal support.

Jan