[Mapserver-users] Install help on Win 2000 Server with IIS
r0ss at shaw.ca
Thu May 20 23:05:04 EDT 2004
I feel like a bozo for having to ask this but I am totally lost with setting up MapServer for IIS - the instructions are not all in one place. I am running Windows 2000 Server with IIS. I followed the install instructions to a "T" but the MapServer demo does not work. This is what I have done
1. Copied mapserv.exe to "C:\Inetpub\Scripts"
2. Copied directory "Proj" to "C:\"
3. Copied the files in directory "lib" to C:\WINNT
4. Test MapServer with http://localhost/scripts/mapserv.exe? and I receive the message No query information to decode. QUERY_STRING not set. which is good
5. Downloaded A copy of the MapServer Demo and unzipped it into C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\workshop
6. Modified the index.html parameters to show my configuration or what I believe is my configuration
<form name="demo" method="GET" action="\scripts\mapserv.exe" onSubmit="submit_form()">
<input type="hidden" name="map" value="C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\workshop\itasca.map">
<input type="hidden" name="program" value="\scripts\mapserv.exe">
<input type="hidden" name="root" value="C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\workshop">
<input type="hidden" name="map_web_imagepath" value="\tmp\">
<input type="hidden" name="map_web_imageurl" value="\tmp\">
7. Ran the index page and called one of the demos and the map image does not appear in the resulting page just the little x indicating that it could not find the image
Anyone have any ideas on what configuration or installation steps I missed or how I can resolve my prolems.
Or more importantly does anyone have an all encompassing install and setup instructions for IIS?
Thanks in advance and hope some out there can help.
More information about the mapserver-users