[Mapserver-users] OGR:ODBC Woes

Chip Hankley Chip.Hankley at rmtinc.com
Fri May 21 09:54:35 EDT 2004

I'm trying to follow the directions in
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?VirtualSpatialData

I'm using one of the pre-compiled Windows binaries from the MS site.

I've made it all the way to the point where I'm trying to display the
results in MS. When I call the map, I get the following error:

msDrawMap(): Image handling error. Failed to draw layer named
'MyVirtualLayer'.
msOGRFileOpen(): OGR error. Open failed for OGR connection
`virtual.ovf'. File not found or unsupported format.

Here's my output of mapserv -v:

MapServer version 4.0.2 OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP OUTPUT=PDF
OUTPUT=SWF
SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT

SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=POSTGIS
INPUT=OGR
INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

Anyway, I see that there was a long thread about this error back in
January
(http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/data2/wilma/mapserver-users/0401/msg00452.html)

Does anyone know if this was resolved?

Chip

Outgoing messages, along with any attachments, are scanned for viruses at RMT prior to sending.