[Mapserver-users] Install help on Win 2000 Server with IIS

Fortin,Nicolas [SteFoy] nicolas.fortin at ec.gc.ca
Fri May 21 09:45:05 EDT 2004

Hi Ross,

At first sight, your mapserver installation seems ok ... It's the demo that have to be correctly configure.

Try setting debug on in the mapfile like this :
-Add DEBUG TRUE on the first line of the Mapfile
-Add LOG "DEMO.LOG" on the WEB element of the mapfile

Run the application again and see if any usefull information appears in the log file.

Also, it could be a permission issue (about 90% of time...).  Like I always tell, try running filemon (http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/source/filemon.shtml) when you call the page and check if you see any ACCESS DENIED message.

I have the demo working well here on Win2k/IIS and MS 4.0.1

Good luck,
Nicolas Fortin