RES: [Mapserver-users] Map interpolation

Murilo Lacerda Yoshida murilo.yoshida at agx.com.br
Fri May 21 16:22:34 EDT 2004

  Frank, Tyler,
  What I want to do is this automatic generalization of vector data.
Actually the best solution would be to generate a raster data from a
vector data.
  I have a map with several polygons. Each polygon has a data associated
with it, population, for example. I guess that to do the raster data
from vector data I would have to size down my polygons, until they had
the size of a pixel, but that would have too much cost, since the
polygons I have on the map are created dynamically...
  I don't know if openEV has this kind of stuff implemented... it would
be of great help...
  Anyway, if I could stop the process of sizing down the polygons before
they reached the pixel size I guess that would be nice too.
  Thanks,
    Murilo