[Mapserver-users] (no subject)

Tyler Mitchell TMitchell at lignum.com
Tue May 25 14:38:03 EDT 2004

>    Here is the map file.   I am not sure if it worked before I upgraded
> to 4.2b3 (as I didnt find the errorlog until after the upgrade)
> If I had to guess I would say that it is looking at the lable
information
> and trying to decode a symbol out of it but all my lable texts are
either
> random numbers or some text (i.e. lot numbers and street names)

Looks bizarre to me - certainly not self-evident enough for me to help
with. What I find strange is that your error references line 1363 I
assumed this was referring to a line in your map file.  But your map file
is <200 lines long.  Furthermore you are not explicitly setting  a SYMBOL
for that layer.

My guess is that the auto styling of your mapinfo has a problem.  Can you
use "ogrinfo" utility to get find the details of the feature (styling
info) that appears to be the problem?  Let me know if you need to find
this utility or need more help debugging.  This may be a common problem -
I'd suggest changing your subject line to something like "symbol problem
with auto style" - perhaps others will have more insight.