[Mapserver-users] WMS Queries

andrew at andrewhaigh.net andrew at andrewhaigh.net
Wed May 26 03:22:02 EDT 2004

Morning all,

Yesterday I downloaded installed MapServer 4.0.2 (ms402_png_pg.zip) and
I've tested it very successfully with the demo and created my own
sample map file. I'm very impressed with the performance and
functionality, so well done!

However, I've now hit a bit of a problem, I'm attempting to connect to
the WMS using ESRI ArcExplorer 4.01 (Build 630.773) with the
Interoperability extension (version 1) but I keep getting the following
error 'Invalid Capabilities File'. I think that the problem is that
ESRI only support WMS Version 1.1.1 and MapServer 4.0.2 only supports
WMS Versions upto 1.1.0.

So my questions are:

1. Will or does MapServer 4.2 Beta support WMS version 1.1.1 and when
will it be released?

2. Is it possible to use MapServer as a WMS client for a WMS that
requires HTTPS?

3. Is it possible to use MapServer as a WMS client to connect to a WMS
that requires authentication?

Many thanks in advance,

Andrew

PS

The Full Error message for ArcExplorer is:

GetCapabilities Request :
http://myhost/scripts/mapserv.exe?map=C:\MapServer\workshop\itasca.map&VERSION=1.1.1&WMTVER=1.1.1&SERVICE=WMS&REQUEST=capabilities
GetCapabilities Request :
http://myhost/scripts/mapserv.exe?map=C:\MapServer\workshop\itasca.map&VERSION=1.1.1&WMTVER=1.1.1&SERVICE=WMS&REQUEST=capabilities
###### Start to WMS getCapabilities in GetWMSService class version=null
************** realVersion is = none
************** Version is = null
This version is not supported
******** Exception for WMS:null