[Mapserver-users] Configure: Same old error - can't find gd.h or libgd.a/lib

Adam Quiney deathsushi at hotmail.com
Wed May 26 18:12:15 EDT 2004

I have downloaded both the gd and the gd-devel packages.  I also tried
cleaning my drive of Cygwin and any installed services, restarting, then
re-installing everything.  I run into the same old problem.  I can locate
both gd.h and libgd.a on my drive (though in different directories, gd.h now
resides in /usr/include and libgd.a resides in /lib - this is how the cygwin
installed it did things), but mapserver's configure script still refuses to
recognize that they are there.  I have made certain that there is only one
instance of both these files, so I don't believe it's a problem with
multiple versions.

What else can I do to make mapserver see the light?

--Adam