[Mapserver-users] Raster problems upgrading from 3.6 to 4.2

Woody Wallace wallace at earthit.com
Fri May 28 09:47:55 EDT 2004

Hi.

I have recently downloaded and installed the windows binaries for
Mapserver with phpmapscript 4.2 beta 3 that includes GDAL support from
the DM solutions downloads page.  Previously we were using version 3.6.
Now, with 4.2, maps that contained raster images that require GDAL
support (e.g. ESRI grids and 24-bit TIFFs) do not display (although it
displays the vector layers in the same maps just fine, while the rasters
are supposed to be visible).  I copied the GDAL dll to the
winnt/system32 directory as directed.

Has there been changes to the way the GDAL layers are defined in the
mapfile?

Thanks for your help.

Woody

--