[Mapserver-users] WMS GetFeatureInfo on PostGIS slow?

Bart van den Eijnden bartvde at xs4all.nl
Sun May 30 08:53:37 EDT 2004

Hi list,

I have started my first adventures with PostGIS and I am quite impressed
by the speed with which the map is drawn.

I have a polygon layer with 1,5 million records.

As I said, map performance is good. But when I use GetFeatureInfo on the
PostGIS layer, it takes more than 5 seconds for Mapserver to come back
with the result. In the PostgreSQL console I see:

ERROR:  cursor "mycursor" does not exist

Is this normal performance for GetFeatureInfo on PostGIS, or can I tweak
something to speed this up? I am using Mapserver 4.2 beta 3, as this is
the latest Win binary available.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Bart