[Mapserver-users] Plotting Multiple Lat/Long points and setting extents

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Sun May 30 09:09:03 EDT 2004

Lindsay,

This is a virtual data source that has been discussed many times in the
archive and I think there may be an example on the wiki. Briefly, you
need to calculate the bounding box of the points or set the default. You
might want to define a border distance like 1-2% of the extents so the
point on the edges are more visible. Then you draw (and label? them)
using mapscript and your done.

Here is one example of a virtual data source, it may not be the best one
for your needs:
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?VirtualSpatialData

Here is a php Mapscript page:
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?PHPMapScript