[Mapserver-users] Can't locate object method "TIEHASH"

Sean Gillies sgillies at frii.com
Fri May 28 13:03:39 EDT 2004

On May 28, 2004, at 10:30 AM, Lowell Filak wrote:

> The following message was sent by Sean Gillies <sgillies at frii.com> on
> Fri, 28 May 2004 08:00:31 -0600.
>
>> Will one of you enter this as a new MapScript-SWIG bug?  If it turns
>> out that
>> none of us are using the msDBF* functions through mapscript, then I
>> should see
>> about removing them from the module.
>>

> Can it be removed? I was under the impression that TCL/MapScript
> needed it.
>
> Lowell

The mapscriptsupp.tcl file hasn't been modified since MapServer 3.5.
I'll bet
a beer at MUM2 that it is already broken in spots against MapServer 4.3
(CVS).

I'd really like to know if there are any users of it.  I won't make any
radical
changes without finding out.  But, as a general principle, I advocate
removing
unused stuff from the module as soon as we can safely do so.

cheers,
Sean

--
Sean Gillies