[Mapserver-users] XML Mapfile

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Fri May 28 14:04:33 EDT 2004

OK so SLD the same as Web Map Contexts?
It also sounds like a bunch of this stuff is under active development.
How much is ready for prime-time on 4.01 and 4.2?
Is there documentation for it, sounds like I have a bunch of reading to do.

The only technical reason for going a different route is the fact that a
lot of our infrastructure is based on mapscript, perl, php, etc.
Converting it to work with WMS and SLD "might" be a lot bigger task than
writing a mapfile -> XML -> mapfile converter.

-Steve W.