[Mapserver-users] selection hilite_ basic question

Richard Greenwood rich at greenwoodmap.com
Fri May 28 14:58:35 EDT 2004

andre shue wrote:

> Hi Steve and List,
> I am pretty new and unexperienced to the MS, it might be a stupid
> quest... anyway, I got the demo running, changed some layers, but when
> selecting a polygon via itemquery I am not sure. I can do an attribut
> search and also get  results via template [area] [name]  yet no map. I
> know I can get a map via querymap, but could not go any further on this.
> I dont know how to build up an template with a map,  including the
> selected polygon marked and in the centre of the map....
>  As the where any examples I would be happy.
> As you have any hints, please remember, I am a Geographer and low level
> programmer.
> Thanks a lot.

Displaying a map is not much different than displaying the attribute
data. But you must have a QUERYMAP definition. For example:
   QUERYMAP
     STATUS ON
     STYLE SELECTED
   END
This goes in the map file, not in a layer definition. I usually just use
the same template for all maps on a given site.

--
Richard Greenwood
www.greenwoodmap.com