[Mapserver-users] True-type font issues

Adam Quiney deathsushi at hotmail.com
Fri May 28 14:33:31 EDT 2004

Hello all,

I've searched for this item on both the mailing list and google, but haven't
found anything that solves the problem - I'm getting this error message when
using both a mapfile we have set up, and a mapfile from the MapServer 4.0
tutorial:

msGetLabelSize(): TrueType Font error. Could not find/open font

I have tried copying the fonts to multiple directories in the htdocs root,
but to no effect.  I know that the fonts.list file is being read correctly.
The fonts file we are using looks like:

arial			arial.ttf

The file provided by the tutorial is similar but contains many more fonts.

I have tried changing the arial.ttf filename to include a relative path, an
absolute path (using both forward slashes one time and backward slashes the
next time) all to no avail.

The system I am running on is a Windows 2000 machine.

--Adam