php mapscript example for multipoint shapefile

Mike Jackson mj at SCI.FI
Mon Nov 1 16:18:14 EST 2004

Hi,
  Briefly, how would I add these type of points to a line shapefile with php?

  47.414467   9.656133
  47.414450   9.656117

For example:

$shapefile = ms_newShapefileObj($file, MS_SHP_MULTIPOINT);
$shapefile->addPoint(47.414467, 9.656133);
$shapefile->addPoint(47.414450, 9.656117);
$shapeFile->free();

  Or what is the proper method of doing this? I'm trying to create a shapefile from a GPS waypoint
log. I would also be interested in how to insert this data into a postgis table, but that's OT here
I suppose.

Thanks,
Mike