GLOBAL LANDSAT WMS is back up

Tyler Mitchell tylermitchell at SHAW.CA
Tue Nov 2 10:08:30 EST 2004

Joerg kindly pointed out to me that the NASA JPL Landsat WMS service is back
up.  Here is an image of one of the maps from my global mapping site showing
it in action:
http://spatialguru.com/tmp/Global_map109940776910153.png

The WMS Capabilities for that landsat is at:
http://wms.jpl.nasa.gov/wms.cgi?Request=GetCapabilities

Note that if you request maps too quickly it appears to timeout -- I assume
it's some function of a firewall??

Here's my map file setup for this layer.  Enjoy - but don't over do it - they
had to bring this site down earlier due to too much traffic from the
WorldWind project.  MapServer apps weren't a problem though!

LAYER
  NAME global_landsat
  TYPE RASTER
  STATUS OFF
  CONNECTIONTYPE WMS
  CONNECTION "http://wms.jpl.nasa.gov/wms.cgi?"
  MAXSCALE 10000000
  MINSCALE 20000
  METADATA
    "wms_name" "global_mosaic"
    "wms_srs" "EPSG:4326"
    "wms_styles" "visual"
    "wms_server_version" "1.1.1"
    "wms_layers" "global_mosaic"
    "wms_request" "GetMap"
    "wms_format" "image/jpeg"
    "wms_connectiontimeout" "60"
    "wms_title" "global_mosaic_from_NASA_WMS"
  END
END