Interlaced reference maps

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Tue Nov 2 11:13:21 EST 2004

Romolo Manfredini wrote:
> To be more specific I have the following in my map file
> IMAGETYPE PNG
> ..
> ..
> ..
>
> OUTPUTFORMAT
>   NAME png
>   DRIVER "GD/PNG"
>   MIMETYPE "image/png"
>   IMAGEMODE RGB
>   EXTENSION "png"
>   FORMATOPTION "INTERLACE=OFF"
> END
>
> The reference image is a png 24 bits uninterlaced.
> I get an interlaced reference either using the cgi either using
> php/mapscript.

Romolo,

OK, I tried doing a simple png generation using options similar to the above,
and the resulting file was not interlaced.

If you can submit a detailed bug report in the mapserver bugzilla and assign
it to me I will look into the problem.

I would need:
  o Info on your version.
  o A minimal map file that generates the error in question.
  o All supporting data files required by the map file
  o The exact URL to reproduce the problem.  In fact, you should first verify
    you are getting the problem when you run "locally" using the
    "mapserv QUERY_STRINg='...'" approach.

I will want to be able to run mapserv with your .map and data files to reproduce
the problem on my machine.  Please do not leave lots of spurious references to
font files, symbol files, web temp directories, unneeded layers and so forth
in the map file.  It just complicates things.

Also, make sure you assign the bug report directly to me.

Best regards,