viewing WMS Layers

Chris Clements cclements at WESTERNFOREST.COM
Tue Nov 2 16:48:02 EST 2004

Hi All,

I am having some problems with viewing of some layers when using a WMS-
Service.  I have created a .MAP file that contains 6 layers.  Each layer is
a different shapefile.  I can view all of these shape files in my browser
(IE) together straight from mapserver, but when I try view them as a WMS
service, only 3 of the 6 layers will show up at any one time. I have the
WMS-service set to allow the layers to be turned on or off, when i turn any
3 on they show up fine, but when I turn on a fourth layer, they all
disappear.  All of the layers will show up as long as no more than 3 are
turned on at one time. I am usign MapServer 4.2.3, Tomcat 5.0.27.

Hopefully I have explained everything clearly.
Any hints as to what might be wrong?

Thanks for any help,
Chris