Help with php compilation

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at DMSOLUTIONS.CA
Fri Nov 5 10:11:04 EST 2004

Cartman wrote:
> .
> lz -ljpeg -lz -lresolv -lm -ldl -lnsl -lcrypt -lcrypt
> -o sapi/cgi/php
> ext/mysql/libmysql/my_tempnam.o(.text+0x40): In
> function `my_tempnam':
> /opt/php-4.3.3/ext/mysql/libmysql/my_tempnam.c:115:
> the use of `tempnam' is dangerous, better use
> `mkstemp'
> ext/pdf/pdf.o(.text+0x4d8): In function
> `zif_pdf_open':
> /opt/php-4.3.3/ext/pdf/pdf.c:472: undefined reference
> to `PDF_open_fp'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make: *** [sapi/cgi/php] Error 1

It would seem that you don't have PDFlib installed on your machine, or
that the verison you have is not compatible with PHP. I'd suggest that
you simply remove the --with-pdf PHP configure option unless you really
need PDF at this point. When you really need PDF then you can come back
to this problem. Note that this problem is really a PHP issue and has
nothing to do directly with MapServer.

Daniel
  Daniel Morissette               dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca