Slight rendering problem with 4.4-beta1 ...

Sean Gillies sgillies at FRII.COM
Wed Nov 3 12:18:43 EST 2004

On Nov 3, 2004, at 10:01 AM, Jean-Francois Doyon wrote:

> Steve,
>
> Tahnks for the suggestion, but I'm afraid that wasn't it.
>
> I removed the RPM's provided for 2.1.4 and built 2.1.9 from source.
>
> Ran ldconfig ...
>
> Problem remains ...
>
> Re-compile GD and MapServer, just to be sure ...
>
> Problem remains ...
>
> I had a quick look at the raw data with the shapelib tools, and I see
> nothing suggesting there's anything special about the text in the DBF =
> that
> could cause this.
>
> I've tested it on 2 maps where this occurs.
>
> Could it be related to the labelling cache?  In what order are labels =
> drawn?
> If from top-left to bottom-right, then it would seem that it's alway =
> sthe
> "last" label that does this ... I'll try more maps to see if I detect a
> pattern (It's a bit of work because I have to convert the mapfile from
> 3.6.6).
>
> If there's anything else I can do to help track this down, do let me =
> know!
>
> Thanks,
> J.F.

J.F.

How about attaching an example of the problem in a way that
will make it through the listserv?  Or putting them online or
through bugzilla and post a URL?  I did make some changes to
the rendering core of mapserver in 4.2.4 and 4.3, but I have
no way to know what problems you are talking about here.

Sean