Slight rendering problem with 4.4-beta1 ...

Wed Nov 3 13:01:08 EST 2004

> Could it be related to the labelling cache?  In what order are labels
drawn?
> If from top-left to bottom-right, then it would seem that it's alway
sthe
> "last" label that does this ... I'll try more maps to see if I detect
> pattern (It's a bit of work because I have to convert the mapfile
from
> 3.6.6).

J.F.: Labeling is done in:

  - reverse order of how features appear in the dataset (last into the
cache is first drawn)
  - reverse layer order (last layer is labeled first)

If you make up a mapfile with just the layer showing the problem does
the problem
persist?

Steve