The use of '

Daniele Margotti margottid at COMUNE.LUGO.RA.IT
Thu Nov 4 09:21:59 EST 2004

I have MapServer 4.2.3 on a Linux Red Hat 9:

<!-- MapServer version 4.2.3 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
OUTPUT=PDF SUPPORTS=FREETYPE INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL
INPUT=SHAPEFILE -->

I use shape files, and in .DBF files I have string values with apostrophes
inside (e.g.: "Cava de' Tirreni", "Via Dell'Artigianato", and so on).
When I query my map, MapServer substitutes all apostrophes with the
string "&apos;" (and prints "Cava de&apos; Tirreni" or "Via
Dell&apos;Artigianato").

In fact, "&apos;" is not a valid HTML entity reference, as you can see
here:
http://fishbowl.pastiche.org/2003/07/01/the_curse_of_apos

Do I have to modify mapstring.c and recompile all, or can I tell MapServer
(for example, with a flag in .map file) to not substitute apostrophes?

Thanks,
    Daniele

P.S.: WHY can't I still use Outlook to post to the list?
I've regularly subscribed, but it seems I can only post via webinterface...