thread safe implementations

Sean Gillies sgillies at FRII.COM
Thu Nov 4 10:45:20 EST 2004

Dan,

Truly, the Java mapscript had been abandoned for a while.  Then Umberto
stepped forward and contributed a new Makefile and patches, and it seems
to be in a workable state.  I've also fixed the most obvious threading
issues in MapServer itself.

I'd really appreciate it if the two of you would download the new 4.4.0
beta releases and try them out.  Make some servlets and pound on them
and
see if Java mapscript is reliable.  I think this is really the only way
to know for sure.

BTW, once you have MapServer itself compiled, the Java Makefile in 4.4.0
works fine with FC2.

Sean