compiling mapserver on windows problem

Ed McNierney ed at TOPOZONE.COM
Fri Nov 5 17:20:50 EST 2004

Ivan -

I think Visual Studio is a perfectly reasonable editing environment for MapServer code.  But editors are mainly a matter of personal preference and/or Baby Duck Syndrome, so I wouldn't take my recommendation too seriously.  The only thing I'm suggesting is that you simply use nmake to do builds rather than using the integrated make/compile/debug tools.  But you can still debug in Visual Studio even if you use nmake.

    - Ed

From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On Behalf Of Ivan Mjartan
Sent: Friday, November 05, 2004 2:50 AM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] compiling mapserver on windows problem

hi Ed and Frank

Thanks for your reply. I understand that Mapserver is complex and huge software. That was why I was looking for sophisticated programing environment in C/C++. Now I know that Visual Studio is not right way (i was trying it by myself for more than 2days :).

So i have question, Can u recommend to me some programing environment for windows ... now i am using Ultraedit with Ctags (for better look through code).

Have nice day

ivan