workshop error

Fri Nov 5 18:27:15 EST 2004

Note that I've fixed the workshop site at the DNR and have rebuilt the
zip file. Problem should be fixed now.

Steve

R. Paul Warriner wrote:
> Hello Ethan,
>
> Interesting, keeping in mind I am
> novice, I commented out the second NAME
> instance, and voila; it worked.
>
> Funny, 4.2 didn't care, but 4.4 does.
>
> It is the workshop - itasca.map file,
> with the 3rd line "NAME cities":
>   LAYER
>     NAME mcd90py2_anno
>     NAME cities
>     TYPE ANNOTATION
>     DATA mcd90py2
>     STATUS OFF
>     LABELITEM "city_name"
>     CLASSITEM "city_name"
>     LABELMAXSCALE 500000
>     CLASS
>       EXPRESSION /./
>       LABEL
>         COLOR 0 0 0
>         SHADOWCOLOR 218 218 218
>         SHADOWSIZE 2 2
>         TYPE BITMAP
>         SIZE MEDIUM
>         POSITION CC
>         PARTIALS FALSE
>         BUFFER 2
>       END
>     END

Paul,

Sean pointed out that there was a bug fix related to this.  In 4.4 we
try
to error out on multiple defined values for stuff like NAME.  It is an
improvement ... really!  In the past the first name was ignored and
the
second was used but if the second was far down in a complex layer
definition
it would be easy to miss it and not know why referring to the layer by
it's
first name didn't work.

Best regards,
warmerdam at pobox.com
and watch the world go round - Rush    | Geospatial Programmer for
Rent