preprocessing raster files in mapserver (gdaladdo)

Nuno GIL nunoragil at YAHOO.COM
Tue Nov 9 08:49:22 EST 2004

Hi listers,
I'm having trouble using the gdaladdo tool.
In a small geotiff (24 MB) I had no problems, but now
I'm trying to do the same in a 2 GB one in order to
use with mapserver.
First of all I've used
gdal_translate -co TILED=YES in.tif out.tif
and then
gdaladdo out.tif 2 4 8 16 32 64 128 256 512 1024

When requesting the layer nothing gets displayed.
Part of my map file is as follows:
LAYER
      NAME land2
      PROJECTION
        "init=epsg:4326"
      END

      METADATA
        "wms_title" "African Landsat 5 mosaic"
        "wms_name" "L5"
        "wms_server_version" "1.0.0"
        "wms_srs" "epsg:4326"
        "wms_format" "image/png"
      END

      DATA "landsat/enhanced/umms/out.tif"

      STATUS ON
      TYPE RASTER
END

Can someone give me any idea of what is getting wrong
here?
Regards,
Nuno