Installation problems on windows XP, IIS 5.1: CGI Problems

Schlatter Christian christian.schlatter at FIBL.ORG
Tue Nov 9 11:00:30 EST 2004

Hi dear list users

I'm very new to mapserver, but very motivated to get somewhere.

My problem:

The most common message I see on the screen:

CGI Error
The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers. The headers it did return are:
GIF87a , "

This happens when I use fonts, I try to output a map as a PNG, a JPG, a TIFF or a GIS larger than 422 322. So almost all the time.

So if I have the following part in a Mapfile it works:

    LABEL
      COLOR 132 31 31
      #SHADOWCOLOR 218 218 218
      #SHADOWSIZE 2 2
        FONT tahoma
      TYPE TRUETYPE
      #SIZE 10
      ANTIALIAS TRUE
      POSITION LL
      PARTIALS FALSE
      MINDISTANCE 300
      BUFFER 4
    END # end of label

But if I "uncomment" the line #SIZE 10 (so: SIZE 10), then the above message of CGI problem is resulting (the document I was using is one ot the official tutorial .map files).
I was checking all the entries in this user list wihtout any success.

The installation was done after the UMN MapServer documents on Windows installation and MapsServer Installation.

Windows XP (SR2)
IIS 5.1
(php 4.3.9)

MapServer version 4.2.1 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP OUTPUT=PDF OUTPUT=SWF SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

Does anyone know good advice?

Best wishes

Christian Schlatter