ogr vrt with php_mapscript

Olivier Gayte olivier.gayte at VEREMES.COM
Tue Nov 9 12:47:34 EST 2004

Hi,

I have a problem to use OGR/VRT layers with php_mapscript on linux even
though it works with mapserver.

ODBC is ok.
OGRINFO work fine both to access to mysql via ODBC or from an ovf file.
Even with mapserv I am able to connect to mysql and to see my points.
The problem occurs only when I try to access to mysql via php_mapscript.
php-mapscript and mapserv have been produced at the same moment and so have
same configuration and I use the same map file.

It seems php crashes on the line : $oMap->draw();
Apache report a problem in error_log:

[Tue Nov 09 14:45:20 2004] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] /var/www/cgi-bin/php-
cgi.sh: line 2: 22303 Segmentation fault      /usr/local/php-cgi-
4.3.7/bin/php, referer: http://localhost/mise09/map_toolbar.phtml?
PHPSESSID=b5e36f8129dcd7c717db7440cbf0a856

Configuration :
Linux RedHat 9
MyODBC 3.51.09
unixODBC 2.2.10
GDAL 1.2.0 or 1.2.4
PhpMapscript MapServer 4.2.3
php 4.3.7

I have installed unixODBC in /usr/lib or in /usr/local/lib as proposed by
Matthew Holger but there is no change.
I also tried to use GDAL 1.2.4 but the problem is the same.
The same application works fine with php-mapscript and mysql on windows.

Any idea?

Thanks