ogr vrt with php_mapscript

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Tue Nov 9 13:23:12 EST 2004

Olivier Gayte wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I have a problem to use OGR/VRT layers with php_mapscript on linux even
> though it works with mapserver.
>
> ODBC is ok.
> OGRINFO work fine both to access to mysql via ODBC or from an ovf file.
> Even with mapserv I am able to connect to mysql and to see my points.
> The problem occurs only when I try to access to mysql via php_mapscript.
> php-mapscript and mapserv have been produced at the same moment and so have
> same configuration and I use the same map file.
>
> It seems php crashes on the line : $oMap->draw();
> Apache report a problem in error_log:
>
> [Tue Nov 09 14:45:20 2004] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] /var/www/cgi-bin/php-
> cgi.sh: line 2: 22303 Segmentation fault      /usr/local/php-cgi-
> 4.3.7/bin/php, referer: http://localhost/mise09/map_toolbar.phtml?
> PHPSESSID=b5e36f8129dcd7c717db7440cbf0a856
>
> Configuration :
> Linux RedHat 9
> MyODBC 3.51.09
> unixODBC 2.2.10
> GDAL 1.2.0 or 1.2.4
> PhpMapscript MapServer 4.2.3
> php 4.3.7
>

> I have installed unixODBC in /usr/lib or in /usr/local/lib as proposed by
> Matthew Holger but there is no change.
> I also tried to use GDAL 1.2.4 but the problem is the same.
> The same application works fine with php-mapscript and mysql on windows.

Olivier,

Did you rebuild MapServer and PHP MapScript after updating to GDAL 1.2.4?
If you can rebuild them PHP MapScript perhaps you should do so with debug
so you can get a traceback in gdb to see where things are crashing.

I am not really a PHP user, so it isn't particularly easy for me to debug
from my end.

Best regards,